Dr Shahzadi Harper is a dynamic Women’s Wellbeing and Menopause Doctor specialising in optimising women’s health.
Dr Harper is not afraid to discuss issues which other doctors may shy away from. These include libido, vaginal dryness, ageing and sex. Empowering them to look and feel their best. Her areas of expertise include Perimenopause and Menopause, Vulvovaginal Atrophy, Vaginal rejuvenation.
Perimenopause and Menopause
Dr Harper believes in the early management of symptoms of the perimenopause and menopause to stay youthful and healthy. She offers state of the art vaginal laser technology to restore vaginal strength and elasticity.
Dr Harper has given educational lectures to GPs on: Menopause, Mood and Sex; Menopause Myths and HRT- Putting the Risks of HRT into Perspective ; Mood Disorder during the Menopause Transition; Breast cancer and HRT
Harper Clinic in the Media
Dr Harper has given Podcasts for women ( with Liz Earle, with Mylan Pharmaceuticals). The topics discussed included how to adopt a positive approach to the management of their menopause:
- Weight gain
- Hormonal imbalance
- Vaginal dryness
- Saser treatment as an alternative to HRT
- Contraception in the Perimenopause.
Dr Harper also acted as an Advisor to healthcare companies and Coutts Bank on best practise for women going through the menopause transition in the workplace.
Background and Education
Dr Harper graduated from University College London in 1994 and has recently opened her own clinic. The Harper Clinic offers a boutique and bespoke service at 39 Harley Street, London.
Qualifications and Memberships:
- Certificate in Menopause Management
- Certificate in training in lasers for skin and vaginal treatments
- Member of British Menopause Society
- Member of European Andropause and Menopause society
- RCGP Certificate in Alcohol and Substance Misuse Management
- Member of Primary Care Society of Gastroenterology
- Certificate in Functional Medicine
Empowering women, to look good, feel healthy, confident and sexy!
Tel 07881 364644